HW: Born To Go book

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Mon Sep 23 16:46:23 EDT 1996

Allan T Grohe Jr writes:

> On Sun, 22 Sep 1996, Mike Wright wrote:
>
> > >   Just a short note to let you know that the excellent
> > >   "BORN TO GO" book will be out of print by the end of 1996.
> > >  *****************************************************************
> > >  I really can't recommend this book highly enough.
> > >  Makes an excellent companion to Kris Tait's "Do Not Panic"
> > >  without actually duplicating it.
> > >  Any comments from those of you who already have it?
> >
> > I have recently acquired this volume, and would also heartily recommend
> > it, a well written booklet with lots of new info (well new to me) and a
> > good style, so rush out and buy this before it is too late.
>
> What's the publisher info on this one?

Here's the original info I was given.    Just to confirm that
publication will cease at Christmas so get one now while you can.

I've been given permission to post the following promo for a Hawkwind
history book that I was recently involved in typing up.     Dave Brock,
I understand, already has a copy and Brian Tawn has seen and approved it
- so it comes with a good pedigree!

            *********************************

STOP PRESS .....  STOP PRESS  ....  STOP PRESS  ....  STOP PRESS....

                B O R N      T O       G O

        HAWKWIND  IN  THE  SEVENTIES  -  written by David Watson

"Born To Go" is the story of early Hawkwind (1969 - 1979), written by a
fan for fans.

This is an individually numbered, limited edition, A5 book, 104 pages of
text, full colour cover.

A detailed history of the original Hawkwind, down to the breakup in 1978
(with post-script); set against the times and the changing music
environment.   Timed to coincide with the band's 25th Anniversary.

Available from May 1, 1995.

        MAIL ORDER ONLY FROM THE ADDRESS BELOW:

                Gavin Wilson
                3 Quarry Street
                Larkhall
                Lanarkshire
                Scotland,  UK
                ML9 2NJ

Allow 28 days delivery

PRICES:   UK -  5.00 pounds sterling  +  50p post and packing
                Cheques/PO payable to Gavin Wilson

          Europe - 5.00 pounds sterling  +  1.00 pound post and
                                packing (Airmail)

          Rest of the World  -  5.00 pounds sterling  +  1.75 pounds
                                post and packing (Airmail)

IMO or UK Sterling only

Please note if you are sending cash please conceal and wrap well.

                  *******************************

And, yes, I do know the folk involved in this and can reassure you that
Dave has been involved with writing this history for years now - simply
because of his deep interest in the band and enjoyment of their music.

However I would be grateful if you could please contact Gavin Wilson
(he's doing the mailing out of stuff) directly if at all possible,
rather than going through me.

Thanks!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk