HW: SA & CYM

Hawkwind Star_rats at HAWKWIND.COM
Mon Sep 23 16:51:35 EDT 1996

RE: Mike Moorcock

>        i have heard some hawkfans say that they took the phrase
>        "do not panic" literally when they say moorcock come on stage

These fans obviously never saw Hawkwind at the Hammersmith Odeon or the
Rainbow when the man appeared with the band!!!! He ALWAYS made the gig
something special and having him recite some of his poetry to a background
of HW synths is THE way to kick off a Hawkwind show.

As far as I'm concerned (and I'm speaking with my 'huge Hawkwind fan' hat
on), MM's vocals on 'Coded Languages' made that track and I never could get
used to hearing Harvey do them live; I don't think he ever got the same feel
as MM but he did suffice.

As for MM's vocals, I think it could be a case of the 'Neil Young' senario;
you either love it or hate it, but you would be foolish to deny that it has
impact, passion  and character.

Yours,
        Star Rats