OFF: Re: drugs

Joseph Brooks jbrooks at CONNECTNET.COM
Mon Sep 23 19:25:10 EDT 1996

At 12:27 AM 9/23/96 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sun, 22 Sep 1996, Jerry wrote:
>> It's a product of nature [shrooms], so they will have lots of problems
>> declaring it illegal.
>Yeah, here in Texas we're having a related problem (tho not as
>publicized).  I don't know if this is worldwide knowledge or not, but here
>in this, the Lone Star State, (and probably elsewhere) we have something
>called "locoweed". I think it's something like hemp, only not as strong.
>The government would love to make the stuff illegal, but that's darn near
>impossible because of one little problem:  Locoweed is *everywhere*.  It's
>really difficult to keep people from using something that grows alongside
>*every* rural highway in the State.  It would be like trying to ban ants
>from breeding.  Luckily, most people (of those to whom I've spoken,
>anyway) don't really know anything about it.

If its what we here in California know as "Locoweed", you don't want to mess
with it. What it is, is Jimson weed (sp?) and is a very dangerous drug..
poison. There have been cases of permenant blindness, psychosis and even
fatalities.. Not a safe drug at all. If you must use it, do so in very small
amounts.
     _
  | | \   *jbrooks at connectnet.com                   | "What ever you do,
  | | <   *http://www2.connectnet.com/~jbrooks      |  take care of your
|_| |_/   *WALSTIB / Keep our Internet free!        |  shoes" -- Phish