OFF: more R'n'R HoF

Duane Hoyt aa5287 at FREENET.LORAIN.OBERLIN.EDU
Mon Sep 23 19:41:02 EDT 1996

Keith points out:

>The Bee Gees
ROTFL!  No way!

>Buffalo Springfield
O.K., I like these guys somewhat, but certainly not Hall of Fame material

>Crosby, Stills, and Nash
I'll concur with this vote.

>The Jackson 5
And what pray-tell do these guys have to do with Rock and Roll?  I guess one
of the criteria for getting in is selling lots of commercial crap music.

>Joni Mitchell
Good songwriter, but again, not Hall of Fame stuff.

>Parliament-Funkadelic
These guys get in just for the novelty of them. Maybe you don't like funk,
but these guys play the best space-funk around. Maybe the only space/sci-fi
band that will make it?

>The Rascals
Not even close.
>I suppose Cap'n & Tennille and Sonny & Cher will follow next year.  :)

I wouldn't be half surprised if Cher made it in (without Sonny)
If you're gonna put some of these other people in that don't deserve it,
why not Cher?

I have been there, and I'd say half the exhibits are legit Hall of Famers
They had a nice Pink Floyd exhibit, and some good Hendrix stuff,
and they do have Al Bouchard's drumsticks. It ain't ALL bad.

Duane