Vinyl remasters?

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Tue Sep 24 14:32:41 EDT 1996

Carl E. Anderson writes:

> > * The better tracks from the Weird Tapes put onto CD (particularly a
> >   longer version of "Where Are They Now?")
>
>         _ALL_ the tracks from the Weird Tapes might as well go on CD.
> And when they do, I may kill someone if they don't fill the CDs as best
> they can--some of the WTs are very short and one could easily fit a
> couple of them on one CD.  There would be _no_ call for putting the
> contents of each cassette on a seperate CD!

I'd definitely concur with this.

> > * An album consisting of the other tracks from the Live '79 tour.
> >   Particularly New Jerusalem, PXR5, and a full version of Silver Machine.
>
>         Hear, hear!

Looking at the lists for the gigs, tracks not already on Live '79 which
could be used are:

Sonic Attack
New Jerusalem
PXR5
Silver Machine
Prelude/Who's Gonna Win The War?
World of Tiers
Levitation

Urban Guerilla and Phenomenon of Luminosity have already appeared on CD
elsewhere but "Waiting For Nati" from the 1980 tour could also be
incorporated on such an album.

> > * Other track versions from 7" singles which haven't made it to CD:
>
>         Also, there are a few Brock solo pieces which haven't made it
> to CD ...

Yep, there are a few tracks from demo tapes that haven't been released.

The various other Hawkwind tracks which aren't on CD are:

Star Song   (title unknown)                                    Wishart
The Blackening Rabbit                                          Brock?
The Joker Of The Universe                                      Moorcock
The Timeship Will Not Sail Again                               Moorcock
Your Secret's Safe With Me                                     Wishart
Time For Sale                                                  Calvert?
Astronauts                                                     Ashley?
Note From A Cold Planet                                        Moorcock
The Welcoming Hands Of Space                                   Ashley?
They've Got Your Number                                        Langton
Mark Of Cain                                                   Langton
Ode To A Crystal Set                                           Calvert
Time Of                                                        Brock?
My Armour's Killing Me                                         Moorcock
Raping Robots In The Street                                    Brock

Obviously it might be difficult to get the rights to release these but
it certainly would be a worthwhile project to get at least some of them out.

> > * Roadhawks on CD.
>
>         This I don't quite understand ... haven't nearly all the tracks
> from this now appeared in a remastered format

Yeah, I guess this one isn't too important.

> Carl

FoFP