HW: First HW member in R'n'R HoF

Lurking Girl tori at PANIX.COM
Tue Sep 24 10:30:53 EDT 1996

Well, I just visited the place this weekend, so I feel qualified to
answer all this now that it's fresh in my mind :)

Also, people should be aware that there are 2 parts to the whole location:
there is the museum, which is most of the building, and the Hall of Fame,
which is the top floor and consists only of the signatures of the artists
with tiny pictures and a rah-rah quote about each.  (Pink Floyd's quote
was from some guy from Smashing Pumpkins.  This strikes me as having
Daniele Steel write a blurb for the back cover of _Lord of the Rings_.)

Keith A Henderson wrote:

> I immediately recognized it as being the Lemster's, and in fact they
> panned back and there was a dummy or wax replica of Lemmy holding
> said bass.  I couldn't see too well, but the details of his face looked
> a bit funny, esp. his 'handlebar' beard & moustache...

Needless to say, they did not model his boils.  I was disappointed. :)

> I should note that even though they have these exhibits (on things
> like Heavy Metal), it doesn't mean any of these artists will ever
> officially 'get in' to the HoF.  Black Sabbath has been eligible for
> two years now, and apparently they're not getting in.  Deep Purple I
> don't think is in either.  I actually hope it stays that way...

Hell, Black Sabbath is scarcely represented even in the Heavy Metal exhibit
(which is only a tiny corner of a gallery anyways).  Their presence
consists of an Iommi jacket.  Woo.  Deep Purple has a few bits of
miscellanea, but that's it.

> Before I claim that Lemmy is *really* the first HW member to appear in the
> R'n'R HoF, maybe I should ask if Ginger Baker is in there as a member of
> Cream.

He is (and in the Hall of Fame itself, as well as having various
representation throughout the museum).

Tori