Vinyl remasters?

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Sep 24 13:49:24 EDT 1996

> > OBCD: Hawkwind Live St Albans UK Winter Tour
> > OBgroovytrack New Jerusalem
>
> This peeves me actually. The sound quality is crap and its existence
> possibly helps prevent a real release of this track.

        Not if HW and Co. have any brains.  A proper release of the
material at a reasonable price and everyone will go buy it, just like
they do _every_other_ HW release.

        Record companies are such idiots about this kind of thing.  If
there's a demand for material they should do something about it--otherwise
the _do_ lose money to bootleggers.  Zeppelin is a case in point.
Page sits on his ass and refuses to to deal with all the perfectly good
live material that people would like to see.  And instead does the
remastered studio stuff in a variety of different formats and just like
HW Kollectors everyone trotted out and replaced the old CDs with which
they had replaced the vinyl.

        If you publish it, they will buy it.

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                            * "Lever vi inte i ett
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             *  fritt land kanske?"
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    *
Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse & Celtic, Cambridge *  -- Pippi Langstrump