Datura a mushroom? NOT!

Brad Dahl dahl at MAIL.AROS.NET
Wed Sep 25 01:55:53 EDT 1996

Wylie,

I sense you've eaten a few mushrooms.  Datura is far from being a mushroom.
It's a green leafy plant (I've got 3 in my backyard, kind of a study you
might say) with beautiful white flowers which give way to prickley seed
pods.  The seeds have the greatist concentration of toxin which is a mix of
anticholinergic agents, mostly hyoscyamine.  I'm a toxicologist specializing
in toxic mushrooms. You should check out my Web page sometime.

http://www.moosenet.com/poison.html

Until then, be careful what you eat, BOC and Hawkwind need all their fans!

Brad