OFF: Gong 25th Birthday (was: Vinyl remasters?)

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Wed Sep 25 12:50:43 EDT 1996

Le Monsieur writes:

> On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, M Holmes wrote:
> > Peeve: I still don't have a tape of Blake's solo spot from the Gong 25th
> > Anniversary reunion. Apparently he played a kickin' version of NJ there.
>
> That reminds me... the liner notes for Gong's 25th Birthday Party album
> say something to the effect of, "Coming soon:  another live album of the
> rest of the birthday gig, featuring Here & Now, Tim Blake, [whoever else
> was there].  Look for it!"  ...or something like that.
>
> What ever became of this?  Did it ever come out?

<sadly humourous laughter> this is Gong!  They are about as flexible in
their timescales as Hawkwind have been in the past.

My great surprise was that the 25th birthday CD came out at all - I
think it's very unlikely that we'll ever see the individual CDs this
side of the turn of the millenium - but I could be wrong!

jil

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk