OFF: Fu Manchu

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Wed Sep 25 14:24:06 EDT 1996

Christian wrote;
>Fu Manchu are more like a lo-fi, simpler Monster Magnet - good but not
>as groovy as Monster Magnet is at their best IMHO.
>
>I have their album 'In Search of....', which is their most recent one. I
>don't know anything about their previous releases.

I've got "Daredevil" (I think I've said this before) and after listening to
"In Search of" I must say that "Daredevil" is much better. More groovy. But
I think Fu Manchu has a big problem... all their songs sounds identically
[spelling?].
But I will go and see them in Sweden this fall anyway :-)

>BTW, has anybody heard of the band Sleep? Apparantly they are a
>MM-esqe/heavily infuenced by Black Sabbath type band on the Earache
>label. Curious to know what they sound like (there was a reference to
>them in a Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet interview).
>
>Christian

I've got the promoversion of their first CD (oh no DF, I hope you're not
getting mad at me now!) and it's very much like MonsterMagnet/Fu
Manchu/Kyuss/Cathedral but not as good... and not as innovative [again,
spelling?] ... maybe too much dope?... they uses Orange amplifiers though :-)
... I can tape it for you if you want to.

        -Daniel

.

"Jag har en papegoja -så jag bestämmer" (Rickard Fuchs)

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR
SWEDEN