OFF: Fu Manchu

Christian Mumford mumford at EUNET.NO
Wed Sep 25 09:12:20 EDT 1996

Daniel Wikdahl wrote:

> I've got the promoversion of their first CD (oh no DF, I hope you're not
> getting mad at me now!) and it's very much like MonsterMagnet/Fu
> Manchu/Kyuss/Cathedral but not as good... and not as innovative [again,
> spelling?] ... maybe too much dope?...

Hey, drugs can be good fun - just look at Hawkwind - there's mighty fine
head music in their massive repertoire, not to mention Monster Magnet!
The fact that Hawkwind are still walking (well, more like standing
animated like at their keyboards and synths anyway - no wonder they had
to draft in a new member!) is a small miracle. Perhaps "taking drugs to
make music to take drugs to" applies...(but you obviously don't need
drugs to enjoy music, but I can't help but feel that Hawkwind are like a
drug unto themselves - I'm heavily addicted to them, but not nearly as
severely as some krazy people on this list!)

>they uses Orange amplifiers though :-)

So what does the color of the amps have to do with the sound they
produce? Daniel, have you been smoking that Swedish Leaf again???

Christian

ObChemical: DXM