OFF: Fu Manchu

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Wed Sep 25 10:55:33 EDT 1996

Christian Mumford wrote:
> BTW, has anybody heard of the band Sleep? Apparantly they are a
> MM-esqe/heavily infuenced by Black Sabbath type band on the Earache
> label. Curious to know what they sound like (there was a reference to
> them in a Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet interview).

I've seen them in concert (they opened for Nikwind in '94) and have
their CDs "Sleep's Holy Mountain" and "Volume One".  I guess I would
describe them as heavily influenced by Black Sabbath, only more
sludgy.  I would recommend them to anyone who is a fan of old Sabbath.

Frank

Frank Weil | frankw at comm.mot.com | phone: (847) 576-3110 | fax: (847) 576-3240

It didn't take very much reductio to get right down to absurdum from
where you started.          --Mike Jones, jonesmd at crd.ge.com