OFF: Fu Manchu

Christian Mumford mumford at EUNET.NO
Wed Sep 25 11:11:22 EDT 1996

Daniel Wikdahl wrote:

> Christian wrote;
> >
> >Hey, drugs can be good fun - <snip> (but you obviously don't need
> >drugs to enjoy music, <snip>
>

> Yes, I know that drugs can be fun, I smoke hamp sometimes but I don't feel
> that this is a very interresting topic. Something is wrong if you have to
> get high to enjoy concerts, parties or whatever...

Well, my point was briefly described above - I agree with you.

 I don't care if the bands
> I like uses drugs or not as long as they don't die of it, and their music
> becomes history... like Shannon Hohn of "Blind Melon", Curt etc etc etc
>
> >>they uses Orange amplifiers though :-)
> >
> >So what does the color of the amps have to do with the sound they
> >produce? Daniel, have you been smoking that Swedish Leaf again???
>
> Tobacco -yes, other plants -no.

Perhaps I should have written 'Swede Leaf' (hint hint...doh!)

> The drug laws in Sweden are pretty hysterical and I never do drugs in Sweden.

Could they possibly be worse than Norway's jackass drug-laws?

> Hell, I think some of the subscribers will laugh at me when I classifies
> Cannabis as drugs... ;-)

Nicotine is a drug, caffeine, alcohol, sugar, chocolate, just about
everything can stimulate us somehow - hell, everything is a chemical
process whether you get high or not. Cannabis is just too damned _good_
to be legal up here! We'd rather just kill ourselves on alcohol...

> And in this case the colour has to do with sound. Take a look at Teds mail!
> Do want to have a tape?

A tape of Sleep? Or Fu Manchu/Daredevil? Both? I'm interested, but I'm
hard pressed for resources right now - I'll get back to you (I can send
you Tomas Quick in trade for a 90 tape....)

Christian