amp trivia

Ted Jackson jr. EL 84 TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Sep 25 16:05:34 EDT 1996

> >No shit!  Any idea where they were made, and if the new ones are made
> >by the same folks?
> >theo
> >

> No, I don't know... and now Chris says that they're using Green amplifier=
> (what the hell is that?)... but I can recall an interview with 'em in a

Well I thought I knew of most major amp lines, but that's news to me.
 Maybe someone just pulling your joint, or hammer, to you guys!

> british magazine or MTV Headbangers Ball (I don't remember which it were =
> but
> it has to be one of those) and they said why they used Orange.
> I 100% sure of this 'cause when I heard/read this I remembered that Sleep
> once asked all headbangers in Europe, via Headbangers Ball, if someone ha=
> Orange amps for sale... and now I was like "Lucky you, you finally got th=
> em".
>
>                         -Daniel (my English really sucks today :-)

I'm pretty sure the original Orange amps were British, but no idea
about the reissues.  Same for Vox, though for the price they're
charging, I hope they're made in some state of the art facility by
enemployed electrical engineers!

Hey, why is it the British make such gonzo amps, but never had a
truly big-time guitar manufacturer. Burns doesn't really count, does
it, not on the scale of Fender, et al/
theo