HW: Mike Moorcock's singing (was: SA & CYM)

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Wed Sep 25 10:53:25 EDT 1996

Le Monsieur wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Sep 1996, Max Wilcox wrote:
> > On 23 Sep 96 at 0:49, Le Monsieur wrote:
> > > One thing for sure, though:  Mike Moorcock should *NEVER* be
> > > allowed to sing again, at least not like he 'sang' "Coded
> > > Languages".
> > You've obviously never heard "New Worlds Fair"...
>
> You are correct, sir.  But is that a good thing or a bad thing?
        Well....As I think has be said before, if you like Moorcock you tend to
REALY like Moorcock (at least in my experience), and if you don't - you
realy don't. This being said, I would recomend New Worlds Fair to every
creature on the planet. On this album, there is no Elric to be seen, no
edge of time sort of stuff, in fact it only mentions space on one song.
I even think he's quite a competent singer on most of the songs, though
they see to vary in quality a little.
        Anyway, this comes from a large Moorcock fan, so I guess it's probably
to be expected...
-Max Wilcox