HW: Still Kerbcrawling

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu Sep 26 17:26:59 EDT 1996

Jerry Guizar writes:

>    I haven't been following this thread that closely. Which album is that
> song on? I thought I remembered it being on Hawklords, unfortunately I
> don't have the album here to check and the tape I made of it is hiding on
> me.

Nope - it's on Astounding Sounds - but I don't think there's going to be
a problem.   I haven't managed to get hold of the other versions yet but
a comparison of CD with album and with one of vinyl 7" versions reveals
that all are absolutely identical in every way.   The single was, in
fact, released before the album so what Simon King was saying about the
re-mixing must relate to their original ideas for the LP.   When it was
finally released the LP contained the single 7" version of Kerb Crawler
and this is the version mixed by Dave Gilmour.

In fact my CD insert even acknowledges this on the listings inside.   I
think we can fairly confidently assume that there are *no* alternative
versions of Kerb Crawler and that the version available is the Dave
Gilmour mix.  Any earlier versions (without the brass and without the
chick vocals) will have been consigned to the bin along with the early
cuts for the album, I guess.   Apparently Bob Calvert would play trumpet
along with Nik Turner on sax when this track was done live on stage.

jill

obVideoDiscovery>  Sapphire and Steel

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk