OTHER: absinth

Brad Dahl dahl at MAIL.AROS.NET
Thu Sep 26 22:54:50 EDT 1996

I see you guys don't need a toxicologist.  I compliment those who've already
contributed to the absinth discussion.  Now for my 2 cents:

There are several names associated with this plant:  (Artemesia sp.) Sage
Brush, Wormwood,
Wormseed, Santonica, Mugwort   (Mugwort is my personal favorite).

"Toxic if ingested in large amounts since they yield volatile oils.  Many of
these plants
produce undesirable flavors in milk", not unlike that pink QUIK stuff for kids.

"Sage Sickness" (i.e. Dali Lama with the flu).  Headache, vertigo, vomiting,
apathy, sweating,
diarrhea, vision distortion (white objects look violet, then yellow, then
Jimi Hendrix appears
drinking a cup of Postum).  Large amounts cause convulsions, coma,
respiratory failure.  Also
can cause dermatitis.

Enjoy my friends, but remember, rattlesnake venom, strychnine, and dog shit
are all natural products.

Brad
http://www.moosenet.com/poison.html