OFF: Fu Manchu

Alun Hughes a.hughes at NEWI.AC.UK
Fri Sep 27 05:55:03 EDT 1996

>BTW, has anybody heard of the band Sleep? Apparantly they are a
>MM-esqe/heavily infuenced by Black Sabbath type band on the Earache
>label. Curious to know what they sound like (there was a reference to
>them in a Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet interview).

I have _Sleep's Holy Mountain_. "Sub-early-Sabbath" certainly
describes it accurately, but doesn't convey the sheer
crappiness of this album, which has got to be one of the worst
I've ever bought (and I've got _Messages_) ... I remember
listening to it with growing amazement, because I didn't
think it was *possible* to be this bad so consistently, but
they manage it for a whole CD.

Er, anyone want it? Absolutely anything considered in trade ....

Alun