HW/OFF: new releases info & questions

cjohnson cjohnson at HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Fri Sep 27 15:42:09 EDT 1996

Re: Spiral Realms "Solar Wind"
Just got a call from my local dealer (the legal one :-) ), and my
copy of the new Spiral Realms "Solar Wind" just came in.  I'll pick
it up tomorrow, possibly posting a brief review soon.

Has anyone else already got this/heard this?  I ordered it as soon
as I heard it was out, but I don't even know the tracklist yet.  I'd
hate to find out it was a comp of already existing stuff...

Re: Astralasia "The Space Between"
He also got in the new US Astralasia "The Space Between".  Any
Astralasia fans looking to trade CDs or tape dubs for other bands,
feel free to contact me.

Re: Sleep
These are the guys that opened for Nik Turner when I saw him in
Tallahassee in 1994.  So close a clone of Sabbath that I decided
NOT to buy their low-priced CD they had at the show.  I was
extremely UN-impressed by their noise-sludge-riffs.  I think
I even have a tape of some of that same show, but I turned it
off in the middle of their set as I didn't expect that the
resulting tape would ever have any value to me or my trader
friends.  (Of course, I have probably re-used that tape again
since then, so I may not even still have it.)

Re: Porcupine Tree "Signify"
Supposedly already out in the UK (?), I am still not certain that
this is being released in the US.  Can anybody confirm this?
I saw some flyer ("PT Transmission" I think it was) a while back
claiming a simultaneous UK/US release, but I haven't heard anything
since then about the US.  (Wylie, will you be carrying the UK
or the domestic version, if there is one?)

Re: Melting Euphoria "Beyond the Maybe Machine"
I picked this up a few weeks ago, but so far it doesn't hit me the
same way that the first two CDs by M.E. did.  Perhaps I just need
to let it percolate a while in my CD player, but they appear to
have lost some of the melodies and "eccentricities" that I enjoyed
so much.

Re: V/A "Space Box"
Picked up this 3CD critter also.  An interesting collection of
tracks from existing Cleopatra artists and early seventies Krautrock.
The two HW tracks are "Valium 12 (12" version)" and "Time of...".
I don't recall if "Time of.." has already been re-issued as a bonus
track on any HW CDs lately; this is possibly its first appearance
on CD(?).  The Valium 10 on my set has a glitch, some kind of buzz
noise for about a second, somewhere around the 7minute mark.  I need
to compare this to other versions of this song on other CDs to see
if it is peculiar to this particular box set.

Re: Archetectural Metaphor
I thought they were supposed to have a new release out this summer.
Has anybody seen it?  Anyone near the Boston area caught them at
any gigs, and might have further info?

Captain Cloud
cjohnson at hpsc.hisd.harris.com

ObMelody: DarXtar 'Daybreak' "Dark Daze"