HW: web "ring" proposal

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Tue Apr 1 11:32:30 EST 1997

Sonique wrote:
> On 18 Mar 97 at 15:43, Frank Weil wrote:
>
> >         (3) Some sort of format for the links.  I can take a stab at
> >             this if there is interest.
> >         (4) An agreement that each site in the ring occasionally check
> >             to make sure that its two links are still functioning so
> >             that the ring isn't broken.
> >         (5) Some idea of where we add new ring entries.  I am open to
> >             suggestions here, too.
> >
> > Comments?  Suggestions?  Large quantities of unmarked bills?
>
> These, and many other related questions have allready been answered at
> http://www.webring.org .... Let's do it!

FoFP pointed the webring site out to me.  I checked it out and it
looks pretty good.  I'll try to hack together a ring home page for
comment either today or tomorrow.

If someone out there has some talent in this area, or even the proper
tools for doing cool (but small) graphics, please put them to good
use.  I have some suggestions for graphics, but no way to produce them
(and probably don't have the talent even if I did :-).  For example,
how about the letters of the words "Hawkwind Web Ring" forming a
Stonehenge-like circle?  Or maybe a Hawkwind symbol (a hawk?) at the
center of a galaxy or solar system?  We could even consider using a
modified version of the nethawks t-shirt image without the plane or
BOC symbol.

I'll work on this stuff when I can.  Between getting engaged recently,
selling my fiancee's place, vacations, and a business trip, I have
been stretched a bit thin lately.  I'll try to keep moving on this,
but if someone would like to volunteer to help, it would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank

Frank Weil | frankw at comm.mot.com | phone: (847) 576-3110 | fax: (847) 576-3240

Well, perhaps some pleasant word-game? Make a sentence out of the
following words: "Face... sodding... your... shut".
            -- Melchett and Edmund : Chains