HW: P.X.R.5 and 25 Years On

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Wed Apr 2 11:19:01 EST 1997

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, John Majka wrote:

> Is that right?  I have the virgin copies, and I was wondering just the other
> day whether Griffin had reissued them with cool extra pictures etc. as is
> their wont.  I guess not, huh?  I should point out also that the CD and
> vinyl versions of P.X.R. 5 do not contain the same music.  There are
> completely different vocal tracks on "High Rise" and both "High Rise" and
> "P.X.R.5" are edited and mixed differently, so to be complete, you'll
> actually need the vinyl AND the CD versions.  Oh the difficult life of a
> hawkfan....

Actually, I was listening to the _Tales from the Atomhenge_ compilation
the other day and remembered thinking that the version of "High Rise" on
there sounded the same as I remembered the version to be on my vinyl copy
of _PXR 5_.  So, perhaps you *can* get all the various versions on CD?
(Cue: codex, someone...)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Smashing Pumpkins, _gish_