HW: P.X.R.5 and 25 Years On

Mark Edmonds mmje at MMJE.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Apr 4 09:24:45 EST 1997

>Paul Mather wrote:
>>
>> Actually, I was listening to the _Tales from the Atomhenge_ compilation
>> the other day and remembered thinking that the version of "High Rise" on
>> there sounded the same as I remembered the version to be on my vinyl copy
>> of _PXR 5_.  So, perhaps you *can* get all the various versions on CD?
>> (Cue: codex, someone...)

Also, way back when Virgin first started releasing CDs, the first
Hawkwind CD they released was a compilation called (I think) "Spirit of
the Age" and it contained the original version of High Rise. Actually it
is quite a good compilation and I still listen to it despite having all
the relevant albums.

Can someone fill me in on the history to that different version on the
PXR5 CD?

Mark Edmonds