Embarrassed?

BREVARD Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Apr 9 11:06:23 EDT 1997

Theo>"This proved disastrous, as only about 5 people watched the band
while there were about 20 people at the bar. "

Was this a mid week show?  Could explain the small crowd.

Theo>"I didn't even approach Al, though I know I could have.  I
didn't want to be a gushing fan, and besides, I was embarrased for
him, because there weren't more than 5 people watching the band."

Uh no flames guy but I don't understand this sentiment.  You play in a
band right?  When you book a gig your job is to show up and play.  The
venue is in charge of promotion and if they didn't do their job its
hardly a reflection on you.  Yet, how far will you go in this business
if you let what you describe determine if you'll play that night?  I'm
sure tBS would have liked to perform in front of a bigger crowd but they
can't control what the venue did or did not do to promote the show.

Now as for not wanting to meet Al live and in person, one never knows
how many chances you'll get to do that again.  Seems like a great time
to go up meet and show your support of the band.  Again I'm not flaming
you but this is rock and roll and sometimes good things don't always
happen for good bands.

Theo>"Overall impressions were mixed.  tBS are obviously highly skilled
and
talented.  They showed a tremendous work ethic.  Any other band
would've told the bar to get fucked and walked off in disgust over
the total lack of promotion and general indifference of the place.
That tBS chose to play and play well for a tiny handful of fans shows
that their hearts are in the right place.  As long as they're
playing, I'll be going to their shows."

Thats how professionals handle these situations.  Its Syracuse's loss.
Maybe a less experienced band does what you describe but I can't imagine
a veteran act doing this.  Do you get paid if you don't play?

John S.>" Well, again, Buck had said a 6 month delay, so 4th quarter 97
or early 98 looks about right, assuming BOC finish it up as planned, and
get a
distribution deal hooked up. As for the tracks, the complete listing of
the 10 tracks scheduled to be on the album can be found in the latest
version of the FAQ."

John you need a sig line to insert evertime someone poses a question
that can be found in the FAQ.  How about "Just check the FAQ, Jack."
8>).
Guess the only sad thing is hearing the band announce one of the new
songs as being on their "Upcomming album" during the geezer fest.
You'll be able to distinguish the die-hard BOC fans from the casuals,
just check for smiles and groans.  In any event, hopefully they'll have
an opportunity to make EW sound just the way they want it.

lil ab

>"One step closer to the setting sun your skins on fire again."
"One step closer to the bleeding heart a bandage for the wound."
>"One step closer to the promise land your minds a liar again."

obcd - Triumph - Thunder Seven