HW: Silver Machine Single

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Apr 9 13:14:05 EDT 1997

>On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Max Wilcox answered Paul with:
>
>>         Who in hell's S. MacManus? Is this a pseudonym for someone else?
>> Or is this a mistake? Sounds a bit funny to me...
>
>It is a pseudonym for Dave Brock, used so he would actually get paid.

Actually, I think S. MacManus was Dave Brock's girlfriend/wife at the time,
so that this name is an analagous situation to the use of L. Steele (now
Linda Moorcock) on Arrival in Utopia, in place of MM himself.  I seem to
remember once that I heard that Brock's SO passed away...would this have
been the same person?

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  The 7" I have of Silver Machine/7 x 7 is a picture disc with the
Doremi shield on one side, and the Warrior cover on the other...is this the
same one you are all talking about?  Because I thought the pic disc single
came out long after 1972...could be wrong.

>obCD: Egg, _Egg_

I concur...