HW: Jerry Richards/Halibut God

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Apr 9 13:32:10 EDT 1997

Hi Folks...

There recently was a little discussion about where Mr. Richards came from,
but I would still like to know a bit more about him.

Somebody mentioned that he was in Tubilah Dog, but since he is (apparently)
a multi-instrumentalist, what instrument did he play in the band, and was he
also the singer??  What little I know of Tubilah Dog (which is next to
nothing) comes from the Traveller's Aid Trust (T.A.T.) disc, where two of
their songs are featured (Safe Zone, and Making Love on the Telephone (I
think)).  The former is a very fine track IMHO, and a year or so ago when I
made a compilation tape for a dozen or so boc-lers, this song was on it.  So
even if you don't have T.A.T. (I guess it's hard to find these days), some
of you at least have heard Mr. Richards (assuming he actually appears on
those tracks).  (Note that Bridgett Wishart is on T.A.T. as well, as part of
the Hippy Slags - there's a photo of her in the booklet.  Furthermore,
Richard Chadwick's SO was in that band as well...presumably, she is the one
with the kidney problems at present.)

To continue, a year or so ago, someone mentioned that Tubilah Dog had
actually released an album (long overdue).  I think maybe it was Scott H.
who said he had gotten it.  (If true, would you e-mail me please
(Henderson.120 at osu.edu) as I'd like to trade for a tape of this.)  I'm
guessing now though that the band is defunct, especially if Mr. Richards is
to become a full-time HW member.

Can anybody enlighten me more about the newest (full-time) Hawk?

Thanks....Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  So, when are we going to have a discussion about the long-term future
of HW?  Such as...will/can the band continue past the inevitable end of
Brock's involvement?
Or would there be any point in trying?  Perhaps the end of the millenium
should mark the end of the journey...(Final tour: 2001: In Search of Space
Odyssey)?

ObCD:  Magma -- Attahk