OFF: Neu

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Wed Apr 9 20:09:45 EDT 1997

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, J Strobridge wrote:

> obgroupDefinitelyInNeedOfReissue> Neu

Speaking of Neu, my local shop has a copy of _Neu 2_ on CD in their Psyche
section.  Is this any good?  I've seen at least two other Neu CDs
advertised in mail order outlets.  I remember someone on here saying they
bought a Neu album and it was fairly lousy, whereupon someone explained
that they'd bought the "wrong" Neu album (i.e. later material which was...
different).  My interest in Neu was piqued by the fact that Dave Brock was
a big fan.  Didn't he write the liner notes to one of their albums?

Also, whilst I'm at it, does anyone have any opinions on these other
outfits thronging my local psyche section:

        Faust
        Skullflower
        Can
        Magic Hour
        Ghost
        Bardo Pond

Any recommendations for starting points?  Titles to avoid??

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Steve Hillage, _BBC Radio 1 Live in Concert_