HW: Future Generations

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Apr 10 05:02:33 EDT 1997

In message <199704091732.NAA29684 at mail4.uts.ohio-state.edu>, Keith
Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU> writes
>P.S.  So, when are we going to have a discussion about the long-term future
>of HW?  Such as...will/can the band continue past the inevitable end of
>Brock's involvement?

Dave isn't involved in Hawkwind, Dave *is* Hawkwind. I'm sure, therefore
that HW will continue until Dave no longer feels like making music.
(Maybe another 20-30 years!) At some stage I guess the tours will become
increasingly infrequent but again if the guy feels like it, it'll
happen. Hey, I'll be there...!

Whether the band could continue without Dave is pretty abstract, because
without Dave it's what, Jerry, Rich and Ron. No disrespect to the guys
but no Brock and it's not Hawkwind, it's one of the many fine Friends
and Relations, that have already been around for years. Without Dave, I
reckon Nik's SR would (finally) be nearer the mark. BTW You have heard
Captured Rotation, haven't you?
--
Jon Browne
ObCD - The new Chemical Brothers - Dig Your Own Hole. Fan-f*cking-TASTIC!!!!!