OFF: Rundgren rewls

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Apr 10 13:06:35 EDT 1997

> From:          "Rudich, Robert A" <Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV>

> I've seen Todd live many times.  Caught the tour for the Todd double and
> they did a "King Kong Reggae" that would bring "Godzilla" to its knees, not
> on its feet.   Also caught the tour for the 1st Utopia with the pyramid.   I
> think a lot of his stuff is pretty psycheledic, especially A WIZARD, A TRUE
> STAR.   How about "In and Out of the Chakras" and "Heavy Metal Kid" for the
> HW and BOC fans respectively?
>
> Rudy

Was the pyramid set for the 'Ra' tour?  I saw the pyramid show, and
at the show's climax, Todd did a flip off the top of the pyramid, and
he was hooked up to a harness, and was lowered to the floor slowly,
after the crowd was sure he'd break his neck.  He played guitar all
through the stunt, never missing a note.  He's a great guitarist,
songwriter and innovator.  What's he doing nowadays?
theo