OFF: Rundgren rewls

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Thu Apr 10 14:24:29 EDT 1997

TR (as he calls himself now) is very active in the interactive audio world. His last CD was called TR-I (for Todd Rundgren Interactive) was a CD-ROM that allowed you to put together your own personalized version of his last regular release, which was No World Order. His last tour was a solo gig, where he ensconced himself in a cube of synths and Apple Powerbooks (don't know if he played the guitar or not) and was right down in the crowd, so there may have been some inter-action on their part. Haven't bought anything by him in a long time (last purchase was Nearly Human, which was OK). I think that the best release that Rundgren ever guested on was the Hall & Oates (!!!!) War Babies. That was probably the most progressive release they ever did...

obCDPlayer: Tim Blake / New Jerusalem

Craig Shipley
craigs at pyramid.com

----------
From:   Ted Jackson jr. EL84[SMTP:tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU]
Sent:   Thursday, April 10, 1997 1:06 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
Subject:        Re: OFF:   Rundgren rewls

> From:          "Rudich, Robert A" <Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV>

> I've seen Todd live many times.  Caught the tour for the Todd double and
> they did a "King Kong Reggae" that would bring "Godzilla" to its knees, not
> on its feet.   Also caught the tour for the 1st Utopia with the pyramid.   I
> think a lot of his stuff is pretty psycheledic, especially A WIZARD, A TRUE
> STAR.   How about "In and Out of the Chakras" and "Heavy Metal Kid" for the
> HW and BOC fans respectively?
>
> Rudy

Was the pyramid set for the 'Ra' tour?  I saw the pyramid show, and
at the show's climax, Todd did a flip off the top of the pyramid, and
he was hooked up to a harness, and was lowered to the floor slowly,
after the crowd was sure he'd break his neck.  He played guitar all
through the stunt, never missing a note.  He's a great guitarist,
songwriter and innovator.  What's he doing nowadays?
theo