HW: Freq (greenfly and the rose)

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Sun Apr 13 13:54:19 EDT 1997

Bryan asks...

>Hi.  I just got Calvert's CD Freq, but my copy (from
>Cleopatra) has bonus tracks, Lord of the Hornets and
>The Greenfly and the Rose.
>
>Question 1:  What are these tracks taken from?  The
>date they were recorded is given but no other info.

These tracks were both on his earlier album, 'Hype', which came out around
1981 I believe.  Not having both with me at the moment, I can't tell you
whether the respective versions are different...from memory alone, the Freq
versions (at least the ones on my Anagram CD) sound at least similar to the
originals.  If they are in fact the very same recordings, I wonder why these
two were added to Freq as bonus tracks.  Well, actually, now that I listen
further, the very last bit when Calvert (and backing vocalists) are singing
'The Greenfly and the Rose' over and over, this does sound
different.....perhaps these were earlier demo versions.  There's no mention
of where these came from in my booklet.  Does the Codex cover solo stuff??
If so, that's where you should look...

Keith H. (FAA)