HW: various questions

Mark Edmonds mmje at MMJE.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Apr 14 09:50:57 EDT 1997

In article <199704110249.TAA17241 at f27.hotmail.com>, "<Bryan Young>"
<blyoung at HOTMAIL.COM> writes

>My CD of Sonic Attack seems to be fine.  I haven't noticed any wow
>or flutter.  Has anybody else noticed what Mark is asking about?
>
>Mark:  What part of the song exhibits the worst effects?  I listened
>by headphones too and I couldn't find anything on mine.

Well it isn`t so much wow and flutter but is more like a total shift in
tape speed during the guitar solo bit in the middle of Angels of Death.
I can`t provide a specific reference at present but the whole pitch of
the track drops by about a quatertone. It is so noticable that it makes
you cringe. We had to wait so long for the original Angels of Death to
appear on CD and then it is a flawed transfer. I'll be able to give an
exact mm:ss reference after the weekend.

Mark Edmonds