HW: Sonic Attack Cloth Bag

Hopeless Hippy M.S.Wright at READING.AC.UK
Mon Apr 14 11:48:54 EDT 1997

 Jon Browne writes:
> Just out of interest, who out there would pay 100UKP for this rarest of
> all HW singles, given a once-only opportunity?

Speaking as someone who spent 25 quid on the buskers album because of the
joy of owning one track, even though I have the music a couple of times
already, I would say that I probably would buy it for this price. I can
tell you where one was about 6 months ago if you want, I was sore tempted
to buy it, to go with the 4 other bits of HW stuff that I had treated
myself to, but as I had company and didn't want to mark myself down as a
complete Kollector (something I don't understand even though I do) I chose
no to buy it. I have yet to deny Hawkwind 3 times before the cock crows,
but it is next on the list of heresies, viz.

1. not buying BMTHoYG
2. not buying The Bristol Bike Show album with those 2 tracks
3. not buying Greasy truckers for the going rate
4. not buying every rehashed re-release of the compilation tracks that
appeared on Acid Daze etc
5. not buying the 4 CD Griffin boxed set for 1 new track (and a comic)
6. not buying each and every release of the Silver Machine singles
7. not buying sonic attack in cloth bag for 100 quidlings
8. not buying BBC transcription records when you have the chance to, just
for the cost of one soul 'hardly used'
9. not travelling to Japan to seek out and find strange new records, and
new versions of Doremi with SM on them
10. saying 'Oh let me think, my favourite band, well it is hard to say
really'

Mike 'I reckon I'm about 6.5 on a scale of 10' Wright