HW: Sonic Attack Cloth Bag

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Apr 14 13:05:37 EDT 1997

In message <Pine.SUN.3.95.970414163437.22469A-100000 at kcsscsc1.reading.ac
.uk>, Hopeless Hippy <M.S.Wright at READING.AC.UK> writes
>1. not buying BMTHoYG
Oh it's not as bad as people make out. Just coz it's the worst *HW*
release still puts it way abouve most stuff and still a must-have!
<cheese-eating grin>
>2. not buying The Bristol Bike Show album with those 2 tracks
Oh no, man, what's this?
>3. not buying Greasy truckers for the going rate
not had the chance
>4. not buying every rehashed re-release of the compilation tracks that
>appeared on Acid Daze etc
I'm guilty, although it took a fair while as I didn't want to pay more
than about 3 quid.
But I thought you _did_ buy "Live And Rare"!
>5. not buying the 4 CD Griffin boxed set for 1 new track (and a comic)
'sa good comic, man.
>6. not buying each and every release of the Silver Machine singles
>7. not buying sonic attack in cloth bag for 100 quidlings
>8. not buying BBC transcription records when you have the chance to, just
>for the cost of one soul 'hardly used'
>9. not travelling to Japan to seek out and find strange new records, and
>new versions of Doremi with SM on them
Feel a glow, I have no flow
Do I get you, for even this time
Even though the boys were on my side
I just been hit by another
Twenty thousand solid working men
Who say oh for tyhe wings of angels
All that our country had.
"Spirit Of The Age" Japanese lyric translation. Well, Allen sent me my
copy of Revitation, so I'm guilty too.

>10. saying 'Oh let me think, my favourite band, well it is hard to say
>really'

yes, but although the #1 spot might frequently change, HW have been *at
least* #2 for years. So it's a case of "Well, The Verve or Hawkwind at
the moment." But when the chips are down do you say "Well, Hawkwind are
a fucking good band actually, like you know anything about music, cloth-
ears!" or do you allow "each to their own" and shirk the responsibility
of education, aggressively if ness.

--
Jon Browne