HW: Sonic Attack Cloth Bag

Mike Parkington Mike.Parkington at UUNET.PIPEX.COM
Tue Apr 15 06:08:53 EDT 1997

Hey Jill,

How's about getting a photo of the single-in-the-bag, scanning it and
making it accessible via the web so's us poor unfortunates will get an
opportunity to see it?

Mike P

----------
From:   Jon Browne[SMTP:jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK]
Sent:   14 April 1997 18:08
To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
Subject:        Re: HW: Sonic Attack Cloth Bag

In message <9704131656.aa28959 at uk.ac.ed.tattoo>, J Strobridge
<eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK> writes
>That's not entirely a fair question since I expect most other people
>have other things they would rather do with 100 quid - or even *need*
>to do.  As I happened, yes, I could have used the 100 quid for
>something else but I preferred to use it to collect something I
>considered rare, valuable, unique, important and very special.   And
>whereas some folk will spend 100 odd quid road taxing their car or
>buying a dress or books or holding a wild party, I bought a item of
>great rarity.   No apologies.
>
>jill

Fair enough, no slight intended or aspersions cast. My question was from
the view of someone who deals in collectibles for a living and hey, I
sold a Batman #1 for 17,000 UKP, yes, about $30,000 for one comic so I'm
not suggesting for an instant that you overpaid for this one!  If anyone
doesn't know this is *the* rarest and highest ticket of hawk-items. (As
it goes, i'm a somewhat envious, not even knowing what it looks like!) I
asked because I'm interested in the mechanics and gearage of collector-
markets. And anyway, and more to the point as with any premium
collectible, it's not like you couldn't get your money back *anytime*
you liked.
Please accept my apologies if my wording implied an error of judgement,
as I certainly meant nothing of the sort.

--
Jon Browne