BOC Sound Alikes/Tribute CD

BREVARD Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Apr 16 09:59:14 EDT 1997

>Chris Baker>"Also, anyone ever hear "Freewheelin'" by BTO?  B-side of "You
>Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet" (lots of apostrophes on that 45).  I'd swear to God
>those guys got it into their heads to do a "Buck's Boogie" knockoff,
>garnished with some "Harvester of Eyes" guitar stutter (lots of stuttering on
>that 45, too). Which, given their limitations, I find almost touching.  I
>read a vicious review of one of their albums years ago which stated that all
>of the guitarist's solos started on the same note, but I lacked the stamina
>to check out the truth of the claim."

Good call on Freewheelin'.  You could probably slip Freewheelin' on a
BOC comp tape to introduce the band to a friend.  There are some BOC
elements in Threshold's In the Light.  Song has way too many changeups
to really sound like a BOC song but it too has its moments.

Perhaps we should ressurect the BOC tribute cd thread again.  What
artists should cover BOC songs?  I vote for George Clinton doing ETI,
Siagon Kick covering Transmaniacon MC, Gary Hoey, Buck's Boogie, and
Primus, Monsters.

lil' ab

obcd - Gary Hoey - Bug Alley