BOC: Is it me (or did I watch too much TV)?

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Wed Apr 16 10:31:00 EDT 1997

Hi All,

        Well, over the last few days I've been doing a bit of of BOC listening
for the first time (I've listened to some before, but not very
carefully). I've got Cultosaurus, and today bought Agents of Fortune.
        Perhaps it's just not my thing, but most of the music sounds like poor
rock - having little substance, sounding like much of the stuff you get
on crappy popular radio stations. The only songs I can listen to more
than once are Black Sword and (Don't Fear) the Reaper. I've also heard
all of the other Moorcock ones, which I love, but that's about it.
        Is there something I'm missing? Are these two albums not a fair
representation of them? Or is it one of those things you get used to
after a while?
        At present, I really don't see any connection between HW and BOC,
thematically, musically, etc., apart from Moorcock.
        What other albums do people suggest? Imaginos sounds good, from what I
hear of it...
        Well, who knows...

This was brought to you by the Max Wilcox TV Workshop.
        "Never ever, bloody anything, ever."
                Or, more precisely...
        "Matter? Where's it coming from?"