HW: Tubilah Dog (was) Underground Zero Again

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Wed Apr 16 15:57:48 EDT 1997

J Strobridge writes:

> obfilm: The People vs Larry Flint

I saw this on cable while in Canada. Interestingly I picked up a copy of
High Times when I was over there and noted that Woody Harrelson had got
so into the part that he'd taken on a ridiculous law in his home state
(Louisiana?) Apparently if you were arrested for a pot offence, then any
hemp products you owned, like say a pair of jeans or a canvas bag, could
be included in the weight of the pot you were arragned on. This could
have the effect of turning an arrest for a sly smoke into a major
dealing offence. Woody theatrically grew four plants and took on the law
and won. Of course he still has to beat the actual indictment for
growing four plants now.

Seems to me that the U.S still hasn't recovered from the Prohibition
era. If the inevitable happens and drugs are legalised/medicalised, I
wonder what they'll pick on to Prohibit next.

FoFP

"Turing Police. We're arresting you for posession of an illegal AI"