BOC: Is it me (or did I watch too much TV)?

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Apr 16 11:23:24 EDT 1997

>Hi All,
>
>        Well, over the last few days I've been doing a bit of of BOC listening
>for the first time (I've listened to some before, but not very
>carefully). I've got Cultosaurus, and today bought Agents of Fortune.
>        Perhaps it's just not my thing, but most of the music sounds like poor
>rock - having little substance, sounding like much of the stuff you get
>on crappy popular radio stations. The only songs I can listen to more
>than once are Black Sword and (Don't Fear) the Reaper. I've also heard
>all of the other Moorcock ones, which I love, but that's about it.
>        Is there something I'm missing? Are these two albums not a fair
>representation of them? Or is it one of those things you get used to
>after a while?

Well, I'd suggest trying to let ETI and Vera grow on you a bit, but really,
you're missing the first three albums, all of which are pretty well essential
BOC.   I can't promise you'll like them, but I can recommend them.
Especially Secret Treaties.

Oh, yeah, and Imaginos.  If you can listen to those four and still not like
BOC, I think I can safely say you don't like BOC.

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka                     |
Roger Shrubstaff of the Amtgard Barony of Silverwater|
(Kingdom of the Burning Lands), aka                        |
Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-                                     |