BOC: Songs in the key of BOC

Torgo torgo at NORWICH.NET
Wed Apr 16 15:31:43 EDT 1997

Hi folks:

>Also, anyone ever hear "Freewheelin'" by BTO?  B-side of "You Ain't Seen
>Nothin' Yet" (lots of apostrophes on that 45).  I'd swear to God those guys
>got it into their heads to do a "Buck's Boogie" knockoff, garnished with some
>"Harvester of Eyes" guitar stutter (lots of stuttering on that 45, too).
> Which, given their limitations, I find almost touching.  I read a vicious
>review of one of their albums years ago which stated that all of the
>guitarist's solos started on the same note, but I lacked the stamina to check
>out the truth of the claim.

I have always kinda liked "Freewheelin". BTO was the first real fave band I
had when I was like 11 years old and heard "Takin care...." on the radio.
In fact, the NOT FRAGILE album with that tune on it was the very first
record I ever owned (got it for x-mas when I asked for "takin care.....")
ALways had a soft spot in my heart for that album, I guess everyone does
for the first record they ever owned, unless of course your first album was
by someone REALLY bad.

Never really thought about the Freewheelin/bucks connection, but now that
you say it I can almost hear it. Freewheelin always kinda put me in mind of
"frankenstein" a bit, but that's just my ears.

Torgo has left the building.....
torgo at norwich.net
"Its just me and 6 guys I met on the Internet,
 Having breakfast together at Denny's."
                            -David Letterman on How he
                             spent his 50th birthday.