OFF: custom bootleg CD's via WWW

Bryan Young blyoung at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 17 00:36:01 EDT 1997

Here's a cut and paste job I did from the text of a web page I came
across while surfing through heavy metal websites.  It's kind of
off-topic, but the topic of CD-R came up about a month back, I think.
Here we have somebody actually promoting himself.

What's the cost of a CD-R?  His price says $15, and I am wondering what
profit margin that is for him.  Of course, there's his time as well, but
if he has a fancy CD changer he can program it all in.  I am just
curious how much money he will be making on this.

Of course, this kind of bootleg piracy is pretty low in my opinion.  No
royalties will be sent to any of the bands I am sure.  I don't mind a
sampler to help out a band, but CD is a pretty good format and a lot of
people are really going to be tempted to go this route.

CUSTOM METAL CD'S : 74 min. $15 each

  Okay, so I haven't been around in a while, I've been busy with other
things, such as Scaean Gates, an
   Exxplorer homepage, and oh yeah, SCHOOL.... With all the competition
out there, I've given up on
     trying to serve as a catalog of bands. But I do have a NEW service
to offer, with the use of my
                                  CD-burner: custom metal CD's.

                                        Instructions:

   Take a look at my COLLECTION. If you need tracklists or anything,
write me at fear at pwc.mv.com.
  Make a list of songs you'd like to have on a CD, up to 74 minutes. For
now it will have to be limited to
 material I own on CD, but in the near future I hope to be able to offer
cassette and vinyl (on which I will
                                    do limited noise reduction).

                      I hope to hear from you, please feel free to ask
anything!

If you want to go see this site for yourself, the URL is
http://www.mv.com/ipusers/pwc/fear/metal.htm

--------Bryan Young-----------blyoung @ hotmail.com---