BOC: Is it me (or did I watch too much TV)?

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Apr 17 07:52:10 EDT 1997

> From:          John Majka <flossbac at WCIC.ORG>
> Subject:       Re: BOC: Is it me (or did I watch too much TV)?
>
> Yeah, I gave BOC the first serious listen as a result of being on this list
> for HW for some time.  I bought "Workshop of the Telescopes" and I liked
> "Don't Fear The Reaper" and "Veteran of the Psychic Wars," but had little
> tolerance at all for anything else on the 2-disc set.  I'm not trying to
> antagonize the BOC people, but some of these songs are really horrible, like
> "The Marshall Plan," with its rock-anthem-cum-cliche about dreams of rock
> and roll stardom.  It just seems dopey and tinged with an adolescent
> romanticism.  Ditto with many of the other songs.  This kind of stuff is in

where have I been all these years?  listening to that moronic, simple
BOC garbage while I could have been enjoying cerebral tunes like The
Trees, or Am I going Bald...Oh yeah, no offense to all you Rush fans.
 I'm not trying to piss you off, I'm simply stating an opinion about
songs that are horrible...

theo