Buck Dharma Benefit

Chuck Saden AgentOF at AOL.COM
Thu Apr 17 10:46:54 EDT 1997

Hi, Y'all, From Atlanta.  Finally recovered enough to post to you about the
show. Shawn has already posted the set list, and as you have seen, so I will
try to mention some things fron the organizers point of view.
 BTW, to wet your appetite, I am listening to the VHS of the stationery
camera, that was also hooked to the sound board, it is breathtaking.
We recorded the show on 16 Tracks of ADAT, and two DAT's, one of the DATS
didn't come out, all the rest of the Audio is great.  The Video was done as
follows, The stationery camera was a Panasonic Digital HD Commercial type
connected to a 3/4" Beta Machine that was set up on the soundboard.  I also
had a camcorder set up from the first row perspective.  Interesting views
will also be had from three roaming cameramen who recorded everything on
SVHS.
I have most of all the formats into VHS right now, with the rest of the tapes
to be done today.  I have equipment that will take all of the formats and
edit it on a non-linear basis, it will be fun!
The Venue, the Gwinnett Performing Arts Center lent itself to what we tried
to accomplish.  It is a state-of-the-art musical facility and the perfect
choice since I needed help, never promoting a concert before.  The venue is a
favorite place for people such as REM and Elton John to practice in before
going on tour.
The Show that the Buck Dharma Band did on the radio Friday morning was also
special.  We went to a contest winner's house and set up in their living
room.  We got to plug the concert that night and The BDB played Burnin',
Wind, Weather and Storm, and In Thee.  Buck was also on TV Thursday night
with Ricky Browning, the boy being benefitted, playing with Godzilla toys
together, also Buck played an acoustic Godzilla.
Musically, a couple of notes from a fan perspective since I don't really know
music that well  (Technically speaking).  Live For Me is stamped in my brain,
it would be my choice for a hit.  Real World, being played for the first time
was a real crowd favorite, and Harvest Moon, to end the show was incredible.
 Deadline has a different guitar line, faster, which makes it a lot of fun,
even making it a dance song.  Buck chose songs carefully to work in the trio
format.  My initial impression was that the new versions of all the songs
sounded better, except for 5:35, which has now grown on me, more everyday.
 The addition of Sandy on Vocals, and Danny and John also singing made for
perfect Harmonies, especially Born To Rock, which made everyone cry.  Ah,
heck, y'all will see when this gets released:-)
This was not a concert, it was an experience.  Everyone there felt it, and my
job will be to try to get you to fell what transpired by editing the mound of
Video, Radio stuff, and a meriad of print coverage we got.  There were Three
TV stations there at the concert.  They asked Ricky, how do you like the
concert, he said, I'd like it a lot better if I was in there watching it!
(That was during the warm-up band).
The shirts sold very well, but we have some left!  If you would like one,
send $20 plus $3 for S/H to:

ZILLA FUND
P.O.Box 465081
Lawrenceville, GA 30246

Also if you send a donation to the fund of $10 or more whether you buy a
shirt or not, I will send you an original Concert Program and Ticket (Only
150 of theses).  These funds will go directly to help out the Brownings (Who
have already received some funds from our efforts).

Any questions or donations, write me at the Zilla Fund address, attention,
Chuck Saden, or call me at 770-995-9657, or 1-800-211-1720
Thanks to all that have faith in the project, wait till you see this stuff!

Chuck Saden
Agent OF