OFF: King Crimson's Epitaph

Guido Vacano gvacano at BEAVER.MBB.WESLEYAN.EDU
Thu Apr 17 12:00:29 EDT 1997

Hello--

> Yikes!  That sounds like it could be awfully repetitive, four discs of live
> material from a band that only produced one album.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a track list for this thing. They did play
improvs and weird things like Gustav Holst's Mars, so hopefully it's
not four live versions of In the Court of the Crimson King. :-)

> Also, the sound quality
> of live material from that era was pretty bad on the four-disc collection
> released a few years back; is this material supposed to sound better?

Do you mean the Great Deceiver? I thought the sound quality was great
(though the editing is a bit weird in spots). My understanding is that
the first two CDs have very good sound quality. The latter two are a bit
more rough (which is why they're available by mail order only).

Guido

--
If nothing is done, then all will be well.  -- Lao Tse