HW/OFF: More Tubilah Dog etc.

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Apr 17 13:38:15 EDT 1997

Hi Folks...

Thanks to whoever it was who posted the info about Tubilah Dog's only
release (I assume), 'In Search of Plaice'.  I guess Jerry Richards, if he
was ever in the band truly, wasn't in that particular line-up, granted a
number of years after their 'festival daze'.

Anyway, I've done a bit of searching about them and this album, and
apparently it was released on CD, in addition to the LP that's listed on
Delerium's WWW catalog.  But the CD came out on an obscure Italian label,
'Beard of Stars', which is apparently part of a larger company called "Vinyl
Magic".  So far, I haven't figured out how and where to order a copy...it's
not listed in Vinyl Magic's on-line catalog (at least the part that's in
English).  Anybody seen it listed elsewhere??

I also discovered that three additional Tubilah Dog tracks have been put
onto the web as part of an 'e-novel', which I had never heard of until just
yesterday.  I guess it's sort of a WWW-based multimedia fantasy story, with
prose, graphics, and music all interlinked.  The title is...War Among the
Fallen.  I didn't try it out as our computers are not really for
entertainment purposes, so that extra software cramming up the hard drives
for these purposes is not encouraged.  Anyway, if there's someone out there
who wants to check this out, and report back....it's at:

http://members.aol.com/watf/watf1.html
                     (that's a No. 1 there after watf, not a letter 'l')

Keith H.  (FAA)

P.S.  On another note concerning 'sub-labels', I've noticed that Cleopatra
has added an additional label to Hypnotic, called Purple Pyramid.  I've seen
an Amon Duul II compilation on this label, which might be a good
introduction to US kraut/spacerock fans not wanting to pay import prices for
a band they've never heard (you should, by the way).  Also, I saw a new
Magic Mushroom Band CD on PP, that has a sticker on it (like the ones on the
Melting Euphoria discs) saying how similar the music is to Hawkwind, ADII?,
Gong?, or some such similar names.  The MMB CD I got a year or so ago,
doesn't sound really anything like 'spacerock' or even psychedelic, but
rather more like straight blues.  Nothing wrong with that, but I was a
little surprised.  This new album is called 'The Space Collection' or
something similar, so mebbe there's something more than std blues here.
Anyone??

ObCD:  Amon Duul II - Made in Germany (Repertoire full-length version!)