BOC: Is it me (or did I watch too much TV)?

Thu Apr 17 15:05:28 EDT 1997

> (He).... had little
> tolerance at all for anything else on the 2-disc set.  I'm not trying to
> antagonize the BOC people, but some of these songs are really horrible, like
> "The Marshall Plan," with its rock-anthem-cum-cliche about dreams of rock
> and roll stardom.  It just seems dopey and tinged with an adolescent
> romanticism.  Ditto with many of the other songs.

Well, quite frankly, this person is broad-brushing the songs on WOTT
based on "The Marshall Plan".  To imply that many of its songs are
"dopey and tinged with adolescent romanticism" is just plain unfair.
BOC may have had some of those, but certainly most of the cuts on WOTT
are better than that.  Tracks like "Workshop of the Telescopes",
"Harvester of Eyes" (hell, anything on *Secret Treaties*, and practically
every track from that album is on WOTT), "Veteran of the Psychic Wars",
"The Red & The Black", "Don't Fear the Reaper"...no, I have to disagree...

John