OFF: King Crimson's Epitaph

Steven Tice StevenTice at AOL.COM
Thu Apr 17 16:55:49 EDT 1997

<< BLASPHEMY!!!! :-)

 The Great Deceiver, according to some people, is one of the best live sets
 ever put out by any band.  I almost agree, but there're just too many
 versions of "Easy Money" and "Talking Drum".

 Whatever,
 Damon

Oops, you misunderstand.  I'm referring not to The Great Deceiver (which is
terrific and has AMAZING sound quality), but to the live disc that was one of
four in a four-disc collection released prior to Deceiver (sorry, I've
forgotten the name of it!).  The first three discs were previously released
material, while the fourth had life stuff from different eras, include three
songs from 1969.  Those three from '69 had TERRIBLE sound quality, so I'm
suspicious of a new collection of nothing BUT stuff from that era...though,
for all I know, there have been amazing advances in sound technology in the
past couple of years which would remedy that problem.

Y'know, I sort of like all of those different versions of Easy Money on
Deceiver, because they're all so different...what an amazing live band they
were circa '73.

Sorry for the confusion...

SET