HW: Sonic Attack Cloth Bag

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Fri Apr 18 11:08:22 EDT 1997

Jon Browne writes:

> In message <9704161549.aa04848 at uk.ac.ed.tattoo>, M Holmes
> <fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK> writes
> that I wrote...>
> >[about the Sonic Attack cloth-bag 7"]
> >
> >> Fair enough, no slight intended or aspersions cast. My question was from
> >> the view of someone who deals in collectibles for a living and hey, I
> >> sold a Batman #1 for 17,000 UKP, yes, about $30,000 for one comic so I'm
> >> not suggesting for an instant that you overpaid for this one!  If anyone
> >> doesn't know this is *the* rarest and highest ticket of hawk-items.
> >
> >Oh. I dunno about that.
> >
> >FoFP
> I bow to your greater knowledge. Is there a clearly "rarest" item, then?
> Would it be the Italian Hassan 7"? Do the BBC Transcription disc count?
> Boots don't IMO, even if there are only 7 copies!

I don't have the Hassan I Sabha 7" but I know two people who have both
of them. The standard BBC Transcription Disc is rumoured to have 24
copies around and at one point I'd located six of them. I do have
another BBC Transcription Disc with two live tracks "Silver Machine" and
"Brainstorm" on it as well as Bowie and Pretty Things. Mine is the only
copy I've ever heard of.

Another rarity is Brian Tawn's copy of "Hawkwind Mind Journey" which I
understood to be an acetate but I've seen someone on this list print a
catalogue number for it. AFAIK Brian's copy is the only one know to
hawkfandom.

> Jon Browne

FoFP