OFF: King Crimson's Epitaph

Ron Jennings sprawl at STARLINX.COM
Fri Apr 18 07:19:40 EDT 1997

> > i dont recall it, but someone did post the tracklist here a while ago.
> > what i do recall, is that they were close enuff to identical that i
> > wondered why
> > anyone would shell out that kind of $$ for it.
>
> Ahem . . . and how many Hawkwind compilations have you bought? :-) When
> it comes to my kollekting, Krimson/Fripp comes first, Zappa second,
> Hawkwind third. :-)

well, im no completist.  I will not allow Yuri Gagarin in my house. ;)
and to answer your question, several.  however, most of them were purchased
in a mad fury of buying everything i could get my hands on. I wouldn't buy
most of them today if i saw them and didnt have them.

epitaph isn't exactly the same thing, because it's four sets of live
material from different
shows.
as far as i know, hawkwind doesn't have anything like that. (and i wouldn't
buy it if they did.)

i didnt mean to knock anyone for wanting it,  just meant that it is quite a
bit of money to pay out ~all at once~ for 40 songs with 10 titles.
(guestimation)

i probably should have said "i wondered why anyone <but a kompletist> would
want to shell out that kind of$$ for it."

i like KC too.  this kind of marketing annoys me, tho, because i'm more
into having all the music than in having all the product.  I was just
really starting to like Monster Magnet, for instance ,
when it became necessary to purchase a mess of ep's to get all the tracks.

they released Negasonic warhead. then they released two ep's as part one
and part two,
each with an extra track. then two vinyl picture discs, labeled "limited
edition." a week after i bought my "limited editions", i saw 5 copies of
each in every record store that i went into.

now i refuse to buy anything from them. (tho i cant bring myself to trade
or sell what i have.)

sorry for babbling.

rj