BOC: Is it me (or did I watch too much TV)?

Fri Apr 18 08:35:27 EDT 1997

No, Bolle didn't say when BOC's catalog would be re-mastered.  I don't
know what he knows about this, but he told me (via e-mail) fairly
emphatically that it WOULD happen.  Wishful thinking from a fanatical
fan, or info from someone in the know?  I don't know the answer to that.
My guess would be that Bolle knows that there is some serious interest
in doing so (perhaps by someone in the biz?), but since I have not
heard anywhere else about this being a reality, when and if this will
happen is unknown to me.  But, I've talked/e-mailed the guy many times,
and I tend to believe him on these matters.  Sure, his opinions are
not always everyone's cup of tea (I mean, he recently stated that "Club
Ninja" was getting some of the most play on his player -- what a nut! ;-)
but he certainly is better in touch with these things than I am.  So,
we'll wait and see.

Speaking of this, Bolle and I had some "discussion" on last Tuesday's
chat about some of this.  In response to someone asking about getting
unreleased BOC stuff out, Bolle said that the first step was to get
the catalog re-mastered (perhaps with some xtra tracks?).  I chimed in
saying that personally I'd prefer to see unreleased stuff first, which
Bolle disagrees with, and cited the problems with the sound quality of
the CDs (having never listened to the vinyl on a good quality system,
I can't say that I've noticed a tremendous difference between vinyl
and CD).  But, personally, I've listened to BOC's catalog at its current
level of quality for so long that the level of quality is not an issue
for me - given the choice between a low-quality "Arthur Comics" and a
ultra-high quality "(Don't Fear) The Reaper", I'll take new material over
remastering ANY day.

John