Cult Classic

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Apr 18 10:27:33 EDT 1997

> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>

> Some of the major complains of "Cult Classic" are (as I remeber them):
>
> 1. WHY? (like, release new material instead!)
> 2. Poor use of digital technology - the recordings sound somewhat "sterile"

Valid criticism indeed.  Also, BD's guitar is a little over-processed
for my taste...

> 3. Some of the performances (in particular Eric's vocals on ETI) seem
> "uninspired"

Maybe it was an early manifestation of his current
vocal 'problems?'

> 4. "TV Mixes" - again, why?

an abomination...

> 5. No Bouchards (as Theo mentioned)
> 6. This is the album we all ended up getting after about 2 years of the
> band promising us an album with new material.

Esp. considering that we know the material exists, and has been
played live for years...

> 7. Not the greatest of mixing (other than "Flaming Telepaths", keyboards
> seem almost non-existent)

Really!  Was Allen present for any of this?

theo